Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Music is round, music is square


You will notice that this is not really a food post.
Instead this is a post on how good company and good friends, make a dinner outing meaningful and enjoyable. Good food and music helps too, of course:)

DSC00071 DSC00073
DSC00075
You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you,
but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach,
because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.
~Frederick Buechner

DSC00088

Music is round

Music is square

Music is blue

Music is green

Music is am

Music is pm

Music is happiness

Music is sadness

Music is life

Music is death

Music is the world.

DSC00084

All I got to my name,

Is my music

It's all i ever am

and all i will be

you can't take it away

it's all i got to my name

My music is my life

my music is my love

DSC00096

my music is my fire on a cold day

my music is my castle where i stay all the day

my music is home

where i feel safe

It's all I got to my name

don't you dare take it away

it's what makes me me and not you

18 comments:

backStreetGluttons said...

music is the food of love while friends are the juices of life and food is yours and our best friend.

correct ah ?

Babe_KL said...

nothing beats great companies ;-)

Tummythoz said...

Good times come in all shapes & sizes. ;D

Ciki said...

bsg:
correct!

babe:
that's right

tummythoz:
and colors and sounds and smells!

Anonymous said...

Your second sentence sums up everything beautifully.

HairyBerry said...

curry mutton with rice
gourment coffee with ice
all is but a lie
the day the music dies...

nice post! ;)

Ciki said...

lemongrass:
yea, when i first read it.. carrying your friends and family in your stomach.. ! how cool and apt is that?! :D

nic:
the day the music dies... :( hope it never does!

worldwindows said...

Music makes the world go round! And with company brings laughter, sharing, forgiveness and love. It changes the mood, motivates and even invigorates! Frankly the world is silent without music.

Penang Tua Pui said...

hmm.. we feel that sometimes it is not the matter of how the good is, but who we are having it with....

just get to know music in certain restaurant will influence ur decision making on which food to order.. amazing right?

Penang Tua Pui said...

btw.. just link you in my blogroll..

minchow said...

Yes!
Gimme rhythm, gimme soul,
And every meal, honeyed or humdrum,
Turns to gold!!

Anonymous said...

company is very important, to have drink and makan with friend, that will make my day...cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea.. I love good companies when I dine out. The more the merrier but I have to make sure they are floggers. Non floggers could not stand us snapping away and leave their tummies growling for food. LOL!

http://crizfood.com/

Ciki said...

ww:
i agree!good co, good music and good food... :)

PTP:
cheers

faith:
nice one:)

kennhyn:
i agree

criz:
a lot of my non blogger friends are pretty accommodating! lol.. they just sit and wait.. how sweet :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

food and friends,come hand in hand..yes..nothing like a dinner with lots of laughing and eating..drinking too!

Ciki said...

joe:
that's rite:D

choi yen said...

Where is this place?

Big Boys Oven said...

just lovely ain't it!