Monday, December 17, 2007

Chinese in San Diego

Were you wondering where the Chinese get good chinese food in San Diego... Or anybody for that matter...

You know how i suffered junk food withdrawal symptoms on Day 3?

Well, by Day 5 , I was missing chinese food... (Incidentally , the order of food craving says a lot about my eating priorities eh?!)


so... we went in search of some!



The Chinese restaurant was clean and sterile...

And it looked a little too functional... more fluorescence than incandescence, if you know what I mean.

However, when the chili arrived... my eyes lite up!

I was home.

Feel the burn.. hurray ... :)


We had herbal soup.. which was a real treat...

and deep friend Tofu !


The shrimp was huge and bursting with juice ... and tasted like how chinese cooked shrimp was suppose to taste...


By now I was pretty constipated from the Mexican and American food.. so... plenty of veges please...
enter the Brinjal mix vege...
And the "kangkung"!!!

Very very good.. just like in KL !


And as if that whole selection wasn't impressive enough,

they ended the night with "Tong Shui".... water chestnut ... and compliments of the chef too.. no less!!!

I felt pretty good about this meal..


......


......



Which was just as well...

because the bill was like a resounding $100 bucks ... Like 300 ringgits!


Killer expensive right? Even the Asian Fusion and Mexican meals were cheaper...

Remind me to cook the next time I have a chinese craving in the US... lol

Food : 7.5/10
Service : Amazing
Cleanliness : Amazing
Price : less than amazing... sky high!

No comments: