Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Mad Tea Party

DSC02345

`Have some wine,' the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.

Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea. `I don't see any wine,' she remarked.

`There isn't any,' said the March Hare.

`Then it wasn't very civil of you to offer it,' said Alice angrily.

`It wasn't very civil of you to sit down without being invited,' said the March Hare.


DSC02339
`I didn't know it was your table,' said Alice; `it's laid for a great many more than three.'


DSC02329

`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.

`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least... at least I mean what I say.. that's the same thing, you know.'



DSC02327
`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'
- quoted from the Mad Tea Party .. Alice in Wonderland

Chengyi's Tea Party2
No better reason for a get together..

Chengyi's Tea Party3
Scones and Tea.. you and me!

Chengyi's Tea Party-2
This table is laid for a great many more than three!

Chengyi's Tea Party4

In the famous words of one tea party invitee.. " a clotted heart... I won't mind, especially with scones as delicious as these!"


DSC02389
Thank you FBB for hosting yet another superb tea party.. !


Also, don't just take my word for it that it was a mad tea party.. check out LFB & his take on the event.

6 comments:

qwazymonkey said...

Yeah, I would die happy if that was the last meal I'd ever have. Great company too!

Kenny Mah said...

That was some party, wasn't it? Just a few hours... and yet it felt like the highlight of the whole long Raya weekend to me. :)

I'm gonna link to this post from my version of the Mad Baker's Tea Party! :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

this must have been during my mourning period.. aiyohh i want some for tea too..

UnkaLeong said...

Sorry we couldn't make it :) did y'all switch places? huh? didya? Heheheh

ToyGirl said...

the last pic of the finished bread n butter pudding says it all doesn't it? excellent host...yummy food...delicious ppl...best combo meal ever!

Ciki said...

Qmunkey, LFB, Toygirl:
yar.. wot a party! nearly didn't know how to leave hor?!

Joe and unka:
we missed ya:(